The new website is up and running. I removed the posts containing Kairatune sound samples. The audio player plugin didn’t work anymore. AFAIK all other content is available, although many URL’s have changed.
I’m setting up a new website on a new server. The current service has not been the best possible. The load times have been just too long just too often. I really hope the new server will perform better, but we’ll see about that. The site may behave a bit weird or be occasionally down during the next couple of days. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
Version 1.1.1 of Kairatune Virtual Instrument is out for download. This version fixes some minor user interface bugs and an FXP/FXB file version bug that caused headache when attempting to export sounds on some hosts.
Just dug into Kairatune again – it sure has been a while…
Next update will be a minor bugfix release, fixing some of the issues that were discovered shortly after the version 1.1 release. Big thanks to all of the kind users who have taken the time to report the bugs they’ve found!
If nothing too dramatic happens the update to version 1.1.1 will be available in a few days.
Mad Processor has contributed a bank of instrument presets for Kairatune. Almost all of the presets are FX sounds and some of them are really wild and scary and some of the roars are absolutely impressive. The bank is available in the KVR banks and patches section. Thank you very much Mad Processor!
There were plenty of really great tunes on the KVR One-Synth-Challenge’s Kairatune round. The tracks are available on the OSC-36 results page. A Child’s Hope by Irion Da Ronin was voted for the best track by a clear margin. I got the biggest kicks out of Kaira’s Nightmare by Doc Jon.
I asked the participants to contribute some of their instrument presets and received a good set of really great sounds from Doc Jon, InterSlot Call, Kraftraum, Mark Heath, Manvanmars, Photonic and Ruedi Rena. The sounds are available at the KVR banks and patches section in a single FXB bank.
Kairatune has been chosen for the KVR One-Synth-Challenge competition. The idea in the competition is to produce a music piece using only sounds from the given synth, i.e. leads, basses, percussion – all from Kairatune. I can’t wait to hear what the contesters come up with.
I’m happy to see that the first update has been well received. There doesn’t seem to be any major problems anymore and based on traffic, users are enjoying this version in great numbers. My humble thanks to all of you!
I’ve got a long list of features i would like to see in Kairatune. Some of my ideas are quite inspiring but they still need some developing. The task at the top of my todo-list is to reduce the CPU load. I’ll be working on this in the future and will release updates if and when i manage to squeeze better performance out of the synth without compromising the sound.
I wish you all good time with your music and a happy new year!